Past Posts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Advice Column

Dear Eva,
I can really relate to how you feel about the whole, "I must protect my own" sort of whole ordeal... I can understand that. My, friends, they are practically my own too, I will protect them no matter the cost.. But you must understand this too, "follow yourself." I have had a problem with following the codes or whatever you might call them.. But you have to understand you can't always let other people influence you. Sure, everyone in this world is not completely innocent.. We have all done something, some more than others. Some blinded with the status quo, images, and worst of all, peer-pressure. I have been pressured to do things I wished not to do (all of them ending in failure, mind you), but all the same with the crap about "everybody is doing it", or, "you want to groupies, do what we do". I never joined in on them, but just by the sheer art of looking at them, you will see how much struggle they have. They struggle like me, and you, but unlike them, they are almost too lost to save. You have a guide, a sort of "light" to help you. But you also have to allow yourself to either follow that "light", or follow your own "light", i.e., your own heart. It is a sad truth, I know what it feels to have lost someone.. Or even know someone who was put on a stand like yourself, to defend someone, and struggling with right, and wrong.  But at the end of the day, the person who is always with you, knows you the most, defends you the most, is always just you. Understand yourself, a simple concept that is hard to achieve, and you'll know what will always be right. You will always have people that understand you though, only if you choose to let them in. You forge your own path.

No comments:

Post a Comment