Past Posts

Monday, June 13, 2011

Freedom Writer's Diary 1 - Quotes, Zlata Filipovic, A Roadblock

Comment 1:
"To her, I'm sure we're the "below average kids" kids no one told her about when she was getting her credentials." - To me, it's like these kids don't have faith in themselves as much as Ms. Gruwell has faith in them. This to me, is significant because it would show in the future how other students of Ms. Gruwell might think of themselves.
Comment 2:
"The only people I'd have to worry about in that class are the really cool and popular people who think that they're better than everyone else." - Okay, this is important to the story since it is not only the gangs who segregate, even the popular 'white' kids segregate anyone who is not like them. That's important because even though they are all the same 'color' they still act like any other 'gangs'.
Comment 3:
"My P.O hasn't realized yet that schools are just like the city and the city is just like prison." -This a bit reminds me of The Shawshank Redemption. This is so because in the prison, they still have deals as they do in the city, and in the city, what's happening in the prison is happening just the same out there. So the two is more similar than some people usually think. A prison has the same happening as almost any other city. Some want to escape prison, as they want to escape the so-named city.


Zlata Filipovic was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia i Herzegovina, and is the author of "Zlata's Diary". She was also only 10 when she started to write in her diary (in which she named "Mimmy"). Zlata was considered the Anne Frank of Sarajevo.    In "Zlata's Diary", she described what it was like growing up during a war, and what the war was doing to her family, and also mentioned that she knew she was being compared to Anne Frank. The only difference between them was that the members of Zlata's family all survived and fled to Paris in 1993. But both were very young and were surrounded with war around them. Zlata still continues to write about anything related to her stories, but now she also helps non-governmental organizations with her time.
One of the covers to Zlata's Diary
A Roadblock - Malefactors
The biggest roadblock in my life I believe is how I am affected to things that happen to me. When acted on by a malefactor, I usually just feel the need to stop but move towards where I need to go (especially in school, i.e., go to class, stay, but don't feel the energy to do work, bell for next class, go, repeat). I try to not let people's negative actions come towards me, but it is a hard thing to overcome. This is a huge roadblock to me, but little by little, I can get over it. But then, when a malefactor engages again, it brings me all the way back and erases what little progress I have achieved. But I have overcome part of that roadblock with one of the strongest weapons a malefactor uses, words.

No comments:

Post a Comment